First of all, in honor of 9/11, my prayers go out to all those families and friends who lost loved ones ten years ago today. As my husband and I were watching football this afternoon, (Well, he's watching, I'm just listening here and there,while on my laptop and working on school stuff and doing laundry.
) we saw some great commercials commemorating today. The best one was the Budweiser Clydesdale tribute. It made both of us tear up and pause to remember. Watch it and you'll see. (grab a tissue just in case).
Apparently, it is a remake. It aired just once at the Super Bowl in 2002 after 9/11. Neither of us remember this, but it is very touching.
Now, on to something happy. I was honored to receive my first blog award! Andi, from Pencils, Glue, and Tying Shoes
chose me for The Versatile Blogger Award!
I literally almost choked as I sipped my coffee, upon reading my comments and emails! Now I know how my kids feel when I give them a little certificate or recognition. I'm all giddy! Gosh, golly, gee! Thank you Andi, you made my weekend! Be sure to check out her awesome blog
Here are the rules of the award:
**Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
**Share 7 things about yourself.
**Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs.
1. I love ALL things coffee! Coffee, coffee (the hot drink). Any time of today, full octane, no decaf! I love coffee chocolate chip ice cream, coffee flavored Werther's, coffee (mocha) flavored brownies, see... ANYthing coffee flavored!
2. I am a neat freak! I have to have everything JUST so! I can't leave my classroom unless all signs, posters, or displays are hanging straight. My desk my be cleared off and neat. All papers must be filed or in a pile with a post-it of what it is and what I need to do with it.
3. My husband and I are adopting! We are currently waiting for a phone call!
4. I like to color coordinate everything I wear! Yes, I'm a nerd and took my mother seriously when she said, always wear clean underwear just in case you are ever in an accident. I took it a step further and have to wear ones that match my outfit!
5. I love to take naps! I always did as a kid and still do as an adult.
6. I have never been out of the country. I don't even have a passport. Although, I plan on getting one and traveling some day.
7. I use exclamation points WAY too much. Seriously, someone needs to invent a new symbol so I don't look so silly using them
every other sentence every sentence or so!!! (See what I mean?!?) OMG, I did it again! I just can't quit!
Debbie @ Sailing Through 1st Grade
Laura @ Delightful Daily 5 Cafe
. Melanie @ Schoolgirl Style - Cute Classroom Inspiration
Amanda @ One Extra Degree
Ginger @ Ginger Snaps - Tidbits and Treats for Teachers
Kelli @ Castle and Crayons
Leigh @ Precious Perks
. Mrs. Magee @ First Grade Brain
Michelle @ Fab-U-Lous in First
. Jenn @ Finally in First
Mrs. Pollard @ Tales of a Teacherista
. Marisa @ First Grade Glitter and Giggles
Misty @ 3rd Grade's a Hoot
Alisha @ The Bubbly Blonde
Kristin @ A Teeny Tiny Teacher
Check out these ladies and their awesome blogs! I should say that picking JUST 15 was EXTREMELY hard to do! I
stalk visit soooooo many more and love them all!